Wednesday, February 5, 2014

9 Patch and New Fabric

This poor quilt top has been sitting unfinished in a box for about 2 years.... It's finally finished and ready to be quilted.

I found most of the material for the blocks at a thrift store for about 5.00. It's roughly 64"x 52". Good throw size for the back of a chair. I'll probably  hand quilt this one during the summer. 
After organizing my stash... I gave myself permission to buy some new material and a few goodies for a swap i'm currently part of.
I ordered this 
Riley Blake Sunshine. A bit out of the norm for my color palette but I have a sweet little girl in mind who is having a birthday this summer and this fits her to a T. 

1 comment:

  1. LoVe the bit o' fabric that's on top... sort of retro vintage... sort of Pennsylvania Dutch... can't wait to see it when it's done!